Content Writer Intern
NewPathVR is offering an intensive 4-week internship program beginning in June designed for a candidate who wants to explore their career options within the VR landscape while gaining valuable skills at the same time. Oh, and did we mention it’s super fun? Because it is. Trust us, this isn’t your average fetching-coffee internship. You’ll be doing real work, meeting fascinating people, and trying new things!
Here at NewPathVR, our mission is to help people improve their lives using personal development and emotional intelligence tools in virtual reality. We aim to empower individuals to strengthen themselves through the power of this new medium.
NewPathVR is launching a VR wellness network and needs help from knowledgeable content writers who can produce, write and edit content for consumer wellness readers. You will be reviewing VR content, reviewing media of all sorts, and working with content providers in the meditation, fitness, health, spiritual and wellness space. You are excellent at researching and sourcing material and also have the ability to tackle big-picture affairs, issues or news quickly. You have an excellent command of the English language, grammar, and AP Style along with an ability to recognize rising digital or trending topics in real time; while you may specialize in one topic, being able to tap into the current events for all of NewPath's subcategories is crucial.
We are currently looking for interns to write about the wellness industry and VR wellness apps. If you are an aspiring writer, journalist, or content marketer, this is a perfect opportunity to put your writing skills into action, add to your resume or portfolio, learn about VR, gain college credit, and be part of the development of cutting-edge websites. We offer a learning environment with a focus on individual growth, giving you as many marketable job skills as possible, including:
- Experience in web publishing
- Experience doing independent research
- Experience with copywriting
- Research and fact checking
- Drafting editorial content and marketing copy
- Excellent written and grammatical skills
- Web savvy
- Detail oriented
- Intermediate editing skills
- Available now
- San Francisco, CA
Senior Unity Developer
- 1 to 5+ years of professional Unity development.
- Familiarity with high-performance real-time audio modifiers (vocoding/autotuning) in Unity.
- Experience or familiarity with shader/GLSL skills or other particle effect l33tness.
- Experience with interaction/character rigging and integration of gesture interactions with motion controllers a plus.
- Have shipped titles.
- Architect high-performance scalable mobile, PC, or console solutions for VR applications and gaming experiences.
- Partner with designers, product managers, and colleagues to implement UX/UI, design, and audio.
- Create unit tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Continue to design and implement new functionality and features for an improved user experience.
- Complete bug fixing and improve application performance.
- Develop technology and tools for the project and production pipeline.
- Defining and maintaining technical requirements for project assets.
- Integration of networking code and features.
- Research new technologies to keep Within at the forefront of VR content creation including but not limited to:
- Character and creature control integration
Optional, but a major plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Knowledge of VR development
- Knowledge of Unity plug-in development
- Experience working with a start-up
Senior Marketing Manager
Are you passionate about playing at the intersection of technology and wellness? Would you like to work in one of the most exciting areas in all of technology with NewPathVR?
NewPathVR is looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing to help identify, license and manage a portfolio of virtual reality experiences across the wellness categories on a global scale. This is one of the most exciting times to be at the intersection of technology and content and it is the mission of the NewPathVR team to build a dynamic offering that reflects the emotional and physical needs of its users as the industry evolves.
As an integral part of the team, you will negotiate license agreements and ideate on new business models for new content partners, from NDAs to term sheets to long-form platform agreements. The ability to clearly communicate the NewPathVR ecosystem and NewPathVR opportunities externally to independent developers, major production studios, consumer product companies, and technology entities is crucial. The role also requires working closely with various internal business units - product, engineering, content operations, marketing and business development – to understand how new features/devices/process have an impact on potential partnerships. You have strong negotiating skills, understanding of distribution models, working knowledge of financial modeling.
- Identify content opportunities and assist in defining an overall global content strategy for NewPathVR, across verticals in line with platform feature road map
- Perform business analysis of potential content partnerships and negotiate agreements accordingly
- Work cross-functionally across worldwide content and product teams to optimize opportunities for content creators and maintain a high level of content quality
- Manage and track a significant number of projects and data constantly looking for efficiencies in aggregating and sharing to improve processes as the business evolves
- Lead compilation and prioritization of developer feedback and feature requests for platform product roadmap
- Prepare weekly reports and presentations as needed focused on key business intelligence, market analysis, competitive analysis, industry trends and insights as well as tracking KPIs
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred but not required
- 8+ years of content acquisition/licensing work experience required with prior television, studio, management consulting or media-focused technology experience
- Strong financial and quantitative analysis experience
- An avid consumer of content across traditional, digital and social media with a passion for virtual reality and storytelling
- Possesses an existing network of content creators and developers or proven ability to navigate content and developer ecosystem
- Working knowledge of VR technology (e.g. platforms, software, and cameras)
- A strategic and entrepreneurial thinker with an ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, across multiple tasks, with minimal supervision and change direction frequently with excellent project and time management skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint are a must